While you are away, rest assured knowing your pets will be taken care of by our team of veterinary technicians, doctors and qualified kennel staff.
General Boarding Information
- We offer spacious condos and suites for both cats and dogs. Our suites are 3 ft x 12 ft and our Royal Suites are 6 ft x 12 ft. The large canine condo option is 2.5 ft x 4 ft.
- Our cat kennels are in fact 2-room condos with a pass through and perch for watching. They also have a very large window so the cats may enjoy the local scenery.
- Each one of our "rooms" is equipped with a raised bed, comfy fleece blankets/pads and toys (unless your pet eats them, of course).
- During their stay, each pet receives 20-30 minutes of outdoor play 2 or 3 times a day in our gated patio, where they can bark at pedestrians or run around. Families can go together if requested.
- We have an all day group play option available for an additional fee ($15) for those that get along with others and want extra socialization.
- Your pets will be fed morning and evening while they are here, with our GI-friendly kennel dog food or the food you provide. If allowed, we enjoy giving treats to our fury friends in hopes that they will feel more at home.
- If your pet should become ill during their stay, we have licensed veterinarians on staff who can address any issues and get back to you with a diagnostic and treatment plan. Our kennel staff is trained to report lack of appetite, diarrhea or lack of defecation, and pretty much anything that seems abnormal. If your pet is acting differently, they will let the veterinary staff know.
Boarding RequirementsWe require all dogs and cats to be updated on vaccinations that are overdue or due within 2 weeks before entering our boarding facility. Boosters of these vaccines must be given AT LEAST 2 WEEKS PRIOR to their due date to ensure appropriate immunity when they arrive for boarding. (ie: Bordetella due date is 11/25, but your pet will be boarding on 11/20. Therefore, the Bordetella MUST be updated on or before 11/11).
Canine requirements include Bordetella, Distemper/Parvo, Rabies and Flu vaccines while feline requirements are Feline Distemper, Feline Leukemia (if feline goes outdoors) and Rabies.
Animal Medical Center is not responsible for any personal property, including but not limited to toys and blankets that are lost or damaged during boarding.
Any aggressive dogs must be kenneled separately for the safety of our kennel staff.
Please note that Early Bird Sunday pick up is by reservation ONLY. There may not be a staff member available to discharge your pet if you do not alert us by noon on Saturday.
- Large Condo (max size 60 lbs): $25/night
- Suite: $35/night
- Royal Suite: $50/night
- Feline 2 room Condo: $20/night
- All Day Group Play: $15/day
- Medication administration: $10/day
- Multi pet price for additional pets in same “room”: $25
- Weekend Charge: Friday, Saturday, and Sunday $5.00 per pet / day
- Early Bird Sunday pick up 5:30-6pm (except holiday weekends): $40
Holiday Boarding Days
and Charge 2023:
- $10.00 extra per pet/ per day
- March 10, 11, 12 - Spring Break
- March 17, 18, 19 - Spring Break
- April 7, 8, 9 - Easter
- May 26, 27, 28, 29 - Memorial Day
- June 30, July 1, 2, 3, 4 - Independence Day
- September 1, 2, 3, 4 - Labor Day
- November - 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 - Thanksgiving
- December - 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 - Christmas
- December - 29, 30, 31 - New Year
- January 1 2024 - New Years Day
We would be happy to care for your pet with special needs, just call and ask.
We strive to work with you and your pet
Animal Medical Center of Kansas City is happy to provide boarding services to pets in the Kansas City, Waldo, Brookside, Leawood, Ward Parkway, Mission Hills, Prairie Village and Overland Park communities.